Vinatea Recoba Luis Manuel
Luis is a partner of the firm, specialized in labour, regulatory and public law matters.
He has extensive experience in dispute resolution and the design of legal, judicial and arbitration strategies. He has advised many companies in Peru and has led the defense of relevant cases in various regulated sectors as well as in the labour area.
He has been a member of the Technical Commission in charge of analyzing and reviewing the implementation of Law 29497 (New Labour Procedural Law) (2017).
He has been a university professor since 1991 and has served as managing partner in all the firms of which he has been a partner. His professional work has always been a combination of lawyering, teaching, management, and strategic consulting.
Author of several academic articles and books, among them “Guía Laboral” with Dr. Jorge Toyama, which is the best-selling labour book in the history of Peru.
He has participated as speaker in Congresses and Seminars of his specialty.
“He has a lot of experience, knowledge and ability to handle situations. He presents his position very well, because he is very solid technically, which gives us a lot of faith in what he says.”
– Chambers & Partners 2020
- Tufts University (USA), Master in International Relations (2016).
- School of Management of the Universidad de Piura, Senior Management Program (PAD) (2010).
- Universidad de Piura, Master in Business Administration (MBA) (2000)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Bachelor (1990) and Lawyer (1991).
- Partner at Vinatea & Toyama (2019 – To date)
- Partner at Miranda & Amado (2003 – 2019)
- Partner at Vinatea & Toyama (2000 – 2002)
- Partner at Laos, Aguilar, Celi & Vinatea (1991 – 2000)
Memberships and affiliations
- Full Member of the Latin American Institute of Labour and Social Security Law.
- Member of the Peruvian Society of Labour and Social Security Law.
- Member of the Consultative Commission of Labour Procedural Law of the Lima Bar Association.
- Member of the Economics and Law Society of Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC).
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Professor of Labour Law Course (1997 – To date)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Ordinary Professor, Labour Procedural Law (1991 – To date)
- Universidad de Piura, Visiting Professor, Labour Law (1994 – To date)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, Professor, School of Business (2002)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, Professor, General Labour Law (2000)